6.09.2007

Music Videos Like They Used to Make

I've just returned from an intense (in a good way) two-week workshop in book arts at Penland. I'll be writing about it after a brief recovery period (mostly, I plan to stare into space for a couple of days). In the meantime, here's an inventive music video for "Ankle Injuries," a song by the British band Fujiya & Miyagi. Visually, its style is part "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel and part "Fell In Love With a Girl" by the White Stripes. A bit of fun eye candy for your day.



An amusing (at least to me) side note: The band identifies its members as as "Steve Lewis (Fujiya), David Best (Miyagi), and Matt Hainsby (ampersand). "

Its influences, according to its MySpace page, range from Captain Beefheart, Serge Gainsbourg, and Roxy Music to Talking Heads, Brian Eno, Kraftwerk, and Dexys Midnight Runners.

3 comments:

Riverlark said...

Hey bookgirl,
After a 32 hour trip home, including a flight to Las Vegas en route to Mpls, I'm home as well. Looking forward to your Penland reflections!
xxx

The Liberry Lady said...

Have you seen the musc video Librarian yet? It's a delight. This band is from Dunedin, New Zealand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_WXP7lUWM

Clara said...

You're right, I liked the Librarian video very much. Thanks for pointing it out.

I enjoyed your site, and appreciate the critique of the new film about Jane Austen. I'm glad it inspired you to look further in Austen.

BookGirl